Diploma in Civil Engineering is one of the best technical courses after class 10th, which ensures that the students will be able to become a part of a highly growing sector i.e. construction sector after this course. This course is about construction and different types of construction techniques and construction terms are taught to the students during this course. Today we will tell you in detail about Diploma in Civil Engineering through this blog. Students who wish to do this course read the full blog.
|course name||Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|course duration||3 year|
|academic session||semester wise|
|Application Process||By Merit Basis, Entrance Test|
|top recruiting company||Unicon Development Construction, Rama Group, PCC, Shapoorji and Pallonji, Specialized contracting, Tata Projects etc.|
What is Civil Engineering Diploma?
civil engineering course to study in less time diploma course is done. Diploma in Civil Engineering course is about construction, design and maintenance. Wherever a bridge, road, dam, airport, pipeline, sewerage system, building, etc. is to be constructed, the civil engineer ensures that the work is done as per the design and plan. During the 3 years of the Polytechnic Civil Course, the students are given all that knowledge of civil engineering so that they can get the work done according to the planning at the construction site.
Why do Diploma in Civil Engineering?
Every course has its benefits, just students should be aware of it while choosing a course. Similarly, what are the advantages of diploma course in civil engineering and why students should choose it, it is mentioned below-
- Diploma courses in the field of civil engineering can be done by students only after completing 10th standard. For this they do not need to wait for the completion of 12th standard.
- After doing this course students will have a good annual salary package.
- Students can apply for government jobs in companies like DRDO, ONGC, Indian Railway, Water Boards etc.
- Candidates get other benefits like PF, Insurance, Tourism etc.
Civil Engineering Diploma Syllabus
There are 6 semesters in this course. There are 2 semesters each year. Syllabus is given below every year
- Applied Mathematics 1
- applied mechanic
- applied chemistry
- professional communication
- applied physics
- computer application for engineering
- engineering drawing
- work practice
- building material
- thermal engineering
- concrete technology
- Electric and Mechanical Engineering
- strength of material
- Building construction and maintenance engineering
- civil engineering drawing
- public health engineering
- Design of England Masonry Structure
- transpiration engineering
- irrigation engineering
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structure
- Estimating Costing and Value
- Construction Management Accounts And Entrepreneurship
- Civil Engineering Drawing II
- Earthquake Engineering
- environmental pollution and control
- Civil Lab-III (RCC & Highway)
- project work
- field exposure
You AI Course Finder With the help of this you can choose the right university and course of your choice according to your profile.
Top university abroad for civil engineering diploma
Following are some of the top universities abroad for offering diploma courses in civil engineering:
|University of Toronto||INR 47.8 Lakh|
|University of British Columbia||INR 41.7 Lakh|
|University of Alberta||INR 30.4 Lakh|
|University of Greenwich||INR 20.6 Lakh|
|Coventry University||INR 24.9 Lakh|
|University of East London||INR 18.6 Lakh|
|University of Manchester||INR 33.2 Lakh|
|University of Melbourne||INR 21.2 Lakh|
|University of Sydney||INR 40.4 Lakh|
You UniConnect You can get a chance to be a part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you will be able to contact directly the representative of the university of your choice.
Top Universities in India for Civil Engineering Diploma
Following are some of the top universities in India to offer diploma courses in civil engineering:
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||INR 8,970|
|Galgotius University||INR 45,000|
|Veermata Jijabai Institute of Technology||INR 12,679|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 53,200|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||INR 28,400|
|North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology||INR 11,320|
|Walchand College of Engineering||INR 8,815|
|Narula Institute of Technology||INR 99,000|
|Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology||INR 28,000|
Eligibility for Civil Engineering Diploma
To pursue a diploma course in civil engineering, the applicant must have certain qualifications which are as follows-
- It is mandatory for the students to pass 10th class with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college or institute.
- There is 5% moderation for reserved category students
- Students should do their studies from PCM stream.
- Student has to pass English proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE should have points.
Application Process for Civil Engineering Diploma
Merit-based selection and entrance test are the two admission options by which you can enroll yourself in a college and university to study this course.
- In merit based application, the student is selected on the basis of their 10th marks.
- The college releases the cut off to apply. If the marks of the students are favorable then they can apply in the college.
- To apply through entrance test means that first one has to appear for entrance test and on the basis of his/her marks selection is made.
- The date of application is announced by the college.
- Registration forms to apply are provided by the college on the college and university website.
- Students fill these registration forms and submit them along with the fee before the closing date to apply.
- The admit cards for the entrance exam are received by the candidates 72 hours before the exam.
To apply to a university abroad
- Students who want to do diploma course in civil engineering from a foreign university but they do not understand how to apply, then they Leverage Edu can take the help of experts.
- Students can use the university website to apply. To apply to a university in a country such as the UK UCAS can take help of.
- To apply, students first select the university and then register by visiting its website.
- After registering, open the application form and fill it as well as add some documents which are being asked in that form.
- Finally submit the form along with the fee.
- You receive an accepted mail when the application is accepted.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800572000,
While applying for the Civil Engineering Diploma, it is mandatory for the students to have some documents, the list of which is given here-
- academic transcript
- A copy of the financial statement
- letter of recommendation(LOR,
- Statement of Purpose(SOP,
- IELTS, TOEFL
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Here are the top books for Diploma in Civil Engineering. Read the books given below.
|concrete technology||MS Shetty|
|fluid mechanic||RK Bansali|
|basic civil engineering||SS Bhavikatti|
|structural analysis||CS Reddy|
|building construction illustrated||Francis DK Ching|
|construction project scheduling and control||Saleh e Mubarak|
Some colleges and universities also conduct their own entrance exam for admission in civil engineering diploma. Some of the entrance exams are discussed below.
After doing diploma course in civil engineering, job opportunities are available in both government and private sectors. There are plenty of job opportunities in the private sector in research, educational institutes, construction, real estate, etc. More job opportunities in this is the revolution in real estate. Nowadays, construction work is going on fast everywhere in buildings, shopping malls, restaurants, hospitals, bridges, highways, etc. In this you can work from maintenance to construction, consultancy firm, housing society, quality testing laboratory etc. Apart from this, private construction companies, military, engineering services, after having experience, can also provide their own consultancy service.
Students have a lot of options to pursue after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering. Here are some company names that recruit civil engineers-
- Indore Engineering
- R Deco
- L&T Construction
- Aashray Design Consultants
- DS Home Construction Private Limited
- Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board
Job Profile and Salary
After doing Diploma in Civil Engineering, students can do some of the following types of jobs and can earn around the given salary according to these jobs.
|job||Average Income (INR)|
|senior civil engineer||28-30 lakhs|
|construction engineer||30-35 lakhs|
|environmental engineer||23-27 lakh|
|structural engineer||25-28 lakhs|
|geotechnical engineer||29-32 lakh|
Answer – The difference between Diploma in Civil Engineering and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is that Diploma in Civil Engineering course is about the designing process, maintenance and construction of roads, dams, bridges, buildings etc. Whereas Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course deals with the application of mechanical systems.
Answer – Yes, Engineering Project Manager is a good major as the salary is good in this profession. The foreign pay packages are higher than the national pay packages.
Answer – The salary of Engineering Project Manager can be $1-1.50 Lakh (INR 54-77 Lakh) annually.
Answer – The areas of recruitment in Diploma in Civil Engineering include colleges and universities, engineering transport, land development, construction companies, state firms, private companies, tunnel engineering, etc.
Answer – Yes, civil engineering is a very good career option to get a job in government sectors.
Today, through this blog, we have told you about doing a diploma course in the field of civil engineering. If you are interested in doing this course and you want to do it from any university from abroad, then today Leverage Edu to contact the experts of 1800 57 2000 Book a free 30 minute session on