If you are a student of Science stream and interested in design, development and operation of various machinery. So you should consider studying courses like Mechanical Engineering. if you this mechanical Engineering Want to get specialization in While you are pursuing any other course or after completing your Bachelor’s degree, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a good option to choose. This course will give you an idea about the fundamentals of mechanical engineering as well as its practical and theoretical knowledge. This blog is about Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
|course name||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Examination Type||yearly/semester wise|
|Average Tuition Fee in India||Approx INR 15 to 60 thousand|
|indian college||APC Polytechnic, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Jaipur Polytechnic etc.|
|top foreign universities||University of Michigan,University of Oxford, Stanford University e.t.c.|
What is a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering a polytechnic course which is class after 10th students can. The duration of this course is 3 years and its duration is 2 years if you apply after completing 12th class from Science stream. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering deals with the design, manufacture and maintenance of mechanics equipment by applying the basic principles of mechanics. Mechanical Diploma or Mechanical Engineering Polytechnic course is offered to the candidates immediately after the 10th or 12th class examination. The eligibility for Mechanical Diploma courses is minimum 55% marks in class 10th. In this course, a relaxation of 5% is provided to the reserved category candidates.
Why choose Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
Some of the main reasons to opt for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are given below:
- After the completion of this diploma, students can take admission in the second year of direct B.Tech.
- After the completion of their studies, students easily get jobs in any government or private institution.
- Students learn equivalent to graduation degree in this course.
- Students learn about designing and maintaining mechanical parts.
- After doing this course, students can also work as a technician in the aviation industry.
- Another special thing is that the students get trained and have the skills to start their own initiative as mechanics and start their own research lab.
As a mechanical engineer you must possess the following skills:
- team working skills
- commercial awareness
- verbal and written communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- effective technical skills
Step by Step Guide for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Step by step guide for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is given below. With the help of which you can prepare yourself:
- step 1: You must complete your 10th class with 55% marks for diploma course in mechanical engineering. You can apply for this course after 10th. Then its duration will be 3 years.
- Step 2: You can apply for this course after completing your 12th class studies by choosing the stream of Mathematics in class 11th. After 12th, the duration of this course for you will be only 2 years.
- Step 3: You can choose any college for yourself and get admission in it. There are many institutes that offer Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Step 4: You can easily get a job after the completion of your diploma course. Sometimes the placements of companies are conducted in colleges.
top foreign universities
Given below are the top foreign universities for doing diploma in mechanical engineering:
- University of Michigan
- University of Oxford
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of Cambridge
Top Indian Universities
You can choose any of the following colleges for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering as well as Diploma in other Engineering Fields:
- Delhi Polytechnic College
- Jaipur Polytechnic College
- walchanad college of engineering
- GLA University
- Jaipur National University
- Sandeep University
- Pillai HOC College of Engineering
- Sangam University
To pursue a diploma course in mechanical engineering from top universities abroad, you need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Although the eligibility criteria may vary from university to university, here are some general conditions:
- If you want to take admission on the basis of 10th class, you should have at least 55% marks in 10th class.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least 50% more than the marks in class XII.
- Some universities conduct entrance exams for admission to the courses of post graduate courses in mechanical engineering, only after that you can be eligible for these courses. For Masters in some foreign universities GRE And GMAT Score is required.
- Also with the above requirements you need for abroad IELTS either TOEFL Scores are also required.
Application Process for Foreign Universities
In order to apply, the candidate has to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can visit our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you can check out our Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Accommodation, student visa And will start the application process for scholarship / student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
For information and help regarding the application process Leverage Edu Contact our experts on 1800 572 000.
Indian University Application Process
The application process by Indian Universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after sign in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
You will need the following required documents:
- all official academic transcripts and grade card
- passport size photo
- passport photocopy
- updated resume
- english proficiency test score
- letter of recommendation or LOR
- statement of purpose SOP
also to get student visa Leverage EduExperts will help you in every possible way.
There are different types of entrance examinations for getting admission in different colleges, but there are some common examinations which are accepted by most of the colleges or universities, some of them are as follows:
foreign entrance exams
Indian Entrance Exams
- Odisha DET
- AP POLYCET
- Delhi CET
- HP PAT
- Assas PAT
For Mechanical Engineering, you can read any of the books given below:
|essential books||author name||buy from here|
|A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines||Dr RK Bansal||buy from here|
|A Text Book of Machine Design||RS Kurmi and JK Gupta||buy from here|
|theory of machines||RS Kurmi and JK Gupta||buy from here|
|An Introduction to Machines||David Kelpner and Robert Kolenkov||buy from here|
|mechanical vibrations||GK Grover||buy from here|
After completing a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, one can work in many top industries. Some of the top recruiters are listed below:
- Tata Group
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Honda Siel Car Division
- Larsen and Toubro
- National Aluminum Company Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- BOSCH India
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Godrej Group
- Thyssen Group
Job Profile and Salary Package
Following is the job profile and expected salary package available after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Glassdoor.in:
|job profile||Estimated Annual Salary|
|automotive engineer||Approx INR 4 to 5 Lakh|
|mechanical engineer||Approx INR 3 to 4.5 Lakh|
|Maintenance Engineer||Approx INR 2.5 to 4.5 Lakh|
|control and instrumentation engineer||Approx INR 3 to 5.5 Lakh|
|super visor||Approx INR 3 to 5 Lakh|
You get a diploma in mechanical engineering at a very young age, so you also have enough time for the options available in front of you. You can directly take admission in second year B.Tech in any good university. Apart from this, you can get more knowledge about the industry and business of this area by working.
Yes, the same can be said because you learn a lot in a short term degree.
If you have recently completed your 10th class and you have got admission in a good university then you can continue with this diploma. But if you have completed your 12th class and you are waiting to get a professional job for yourself. So with the help of this course anyone can do this.
Hope you liked this blog of ours regarding Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. If you also want to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from any foreign university, then call us on 1800 572 000 today. Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with our experts. They will also help you in the application process with a proper guidance.