MSc Soil Science is a two year post graduation course. In this course, students learn about the physical attributes and biological composition of soil. In this course, one also gets to study the outer cover of the earth. After completing MSc Soil Science, students can become experts in land productivity improvement, waste management, soil rehabilitation and conservation, water management etc. For more information about MSc Soil Science read this blog till the end.
|Course||Master of Science in Soil Science|
|Exam Type||semester system|
|course fee||INR 15 thousand to 4 lakh (for 2 years)|
|top recruiting companies||Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental Assessment, Land Use Mining, Oil & Gas Industries, Research for Government and Education Institutions etc.|
Why do MSc Soil Science?
Given below are some pointers on why you should choose MSc Soil Science as a course:
- The course provides good theoretical knowledge of the process and properties of soil environment along with field survey and lab work.
- It gives an understanding of Biochemistry, Natural Resource Management, Sustainable Development.
- After doing this course, Crop Consultant, Wetland Specialist, Crop Production Specialist, Water to Technician, Environmental Technician, State Soil and Water Quality Specialist, Soil Conservationist, Country Agricultural Soil Scientist, Research Technician, Conservation Planner, District Marketing Manager, Research scientist You can work etc.
- Average packages for MSc Soil Science graduates are high for both private and public organizations.
Skills for MSc Soil Science
Along with the degree for MSc Soil Science, it is also necessary to possess certain skills, some of them are given below:
- observational and analytical skills
- critical thinking
- communication skills
- Data collection and analysis
- Familiarity with computer software such as map making and soil erosion modelling.
- Knowledge of industry specific equipment for soil analysis like pH meter, photometer etc.
MSc Soil Science Syllabus
Here is the semester wise general syllabus of MSc Soil Science:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Classification and Importance of Organic Fertilizers||Soil Fertility and Soil Productivity|
|green/leaf compost||soil physics|
|Soil Mineralogy, Origin, Classification and Survey||soil structure|
|soil conservation||Soil Biology and Biochemistry|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Geomorphology and Geochemistry||Radioisotopes in Soil and Plant Studies|
|Remote Sensing for Soil and Crop Studies and GI Techniques||Systems Approach in Soil and Crop Studies|
|fertilizer technology||Land degradation and restoration|
Top Foreign Universities for MSc Soil Science
The top universities abroad for MSc Soil Science are as follows:
MSc Soil Science Top Indian Universities
The top universities in India for MSc Soil Science are as follows:
- university of agricultural science
- University of Kolkata
- College of Agriculture, Vellayani
- college of agriculture
- Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University – [ANGRAU]Guntur
- Punjab Agriculture University
- digital university kerala [DUK]Thiruvananthapuram
- The LNM Institute of Information Technology – [LNMIIT]Jaipur
The general eligibility criteria for MSc Soil Science are as follows:
- It is necessary to have a graduation degree from a recognized institute.
- They should also have English and Mathematics as their main subjects in graduation.
- There is no minimum age limit for MSc Soil Science course.
- Sometimes students may also have to clear an entrance exam which is conducted by some universities. They may also be called for Personal Interview (PI) round.
- To do this course abroad, English proficiency test like-IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Score
- SAT either ACT Score
The application process for admission in foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Next step all your documents like SOPEssay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT To collect and organize etc.
- If you have yet IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE If you haven’t prepared for exams etc., which is certainly an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, the experts will start the application process for accommodation, student visa and scholarship/student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Accepting the offer letter and paying the required semester fee is the last step in your application process.
The application process in Indian universities is as follows,
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering on the university website, you will receive a username and password.
- Then after signing in to the website, select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of entrance exam marks and list will be issued.
Some of the required documents are listed below-
Some universities take admission on the basis of entrance exam. Here are some of them:
- IPU CET
- BHU PET
- IELTS, TOEFL (for overseas)
- SAT or ACT (for overseas)
After MSc Soil Science one can pursue higher education or work in top recruiting companies. You can work in the following areas:
- environmental or resource management
- Agriculture Industry
- soil conservation
- Crop Consultancy
- research field
- marketing management
- agricultural firm
- environmental consultancy
- Research Establishment
- Commercial And Industrial Enterprises
- Academic Institute
- Soil Conservation Department
- Environment Protection Company
- Geological Department
Job Profile and Salary
Given below are the top job profile and payscale wise salary for MSc Soil Science graduates:
|job profiles||annual salary|
|research scientist||INR 44.64 Lakh-90.88 Lakh|
|agronomist||INR 31.09 Lakh-62.97 Lakh|
|environmental scientist||INR 28.69 Lakh-51.02 Lakh|
|soil scientist||INR 23.11 Lakh-78.92 Lakh|
|civil engineer||INR 39.86 Lakh-60.58 Lakh|
|Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager||INR 43.04 Lakh-75.73 Lakh|
|Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Officer||INR 36.67 Lakh-73.34 Lakh|
MSc Soil Science is a two year post graduation course. In this course, students learn about the physical characteristics and biological composition of soil.
After doing this course you can work as Crop Consultant, Wetland Specialist, Crop Production Specialist, Environmental Technician, State Soil and Water Quality Specialist, Soil Conservationist, Country Agricultural Soil Scientist, Research Technician, Conservation Planner, District Marketing Manager, Research Scientist etc. you can work.
There are top recruiting companies for this course in Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental Assessment, Land Use Mining, Oil & Gas Industries, Research for Government and Education Institutions etc.
Its fees can range from INR 15 thousand to 4 lakhs (for 2 years).
Hope you have got all the information about MSc Soil Science. If you want to do MSc Soil Science course abroad 1800572000 by calling Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with experts and get better guidance.