Home science is a study about science related to food and nutrition, health, environment, human development and other departments in the field of science. BA Home Science is a popular course in the field of Home Science. This course is offered by select universities and colleges not only in India but across the world. Generally, BA in Home Science Physics , chemistry, Biology, Major study subjects like Physiology, Hygiene, Sociology are included. Candidates from Arts, Science or Commerce stream can choose this undergraduate course. Later graduates can make their career in the respective field. If you are also interested in doing this course, then let us know in detail about BA Home Science in this blog.
|Course||BA Home Science|
|full form||Bachelor of Arts in Home Science|
|Qualification||10+2 with Science stream (PCB or PCM)|
|type of exam||Semester|
|admission process||Based on both merit and entrance exam|
|Job option after course||Research scientistDemonstrator, Nutritionist, Dietician, chef|
|average salary||2 to 5 Lakh INR/yr|
What is BA Home Science?
BA (Home Science) or Bachelor of Arts in Home Science is an under-graduate professional home science course. It is a course of three years duration and is divided into six semesters. Home science covers the study of measures of nutrition, health and development, including science that deals with the surroundings and environment. In simple words BA Home Science is the study of managing resources efficiently. Home Science degree course mainly includes the study of core subjects of Home Science such as Food Science, Fundamentals of Resource Management, Foundations of Human Development, Introduction to Textile and Apparel Science, etc.
Why study BA Home Science?
Mentioned below are some of the benefits of studying BA Home Science, which show why you should choose BA Home Science for your education-
- BA degree in Home Science molds you into a responsible citizen who can manage his home and community responsibly.
- Home Science gives you the skills to lead a balanced life. You learn various skills in BA Home Science to manage home, child care, personal finance, food, clothes, beautification, tradition etc.
- Food and nutrition is an important subject in BA Home Science. You’ll learn important details about the art of preparing balanced meals using fresh and natural ingredients.
- Studying BA Home Science changes your basic perspective about home and society. You become an educated and empowered citizen who can efficiently take care of your home and the society at large.
Skills for BA Home Science
The skillsets for BA Home Science are as follows-
|critical thinking||problem solving|
|Ability to work under pressure||management skills|
BA Home Science Subjects & Syllabus
To give you a brief overview of the subjects you will come across during the degree programme, here is a list of subjects you can expect to study in BA Home Science-
|Semester I||Semester II|
|human development||Family Resource Management|
|Applied Physical Science||dynamics of human communication|
|computational skills||computational skills|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Home Science Extension Education||interior design|
|human nutrition||clothing construction|
|Fundamentals of Sociology: Social and Culture||Fundamentals of Physiology: Behavioral Process|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|consumer economics||Consumer Products Safety and Legislation|
|diet therapy||Advance Home Science Extension and Communication|
|fashion designing||Diet Therapy II|
Top Universities in the World for BA Home Science
Some of the major universities offering BA Home Science courses are as follows-
Top Universities in India for BA Home Science
Some of the top universities in India for BA Home Science are listed below-
- Vidya Bhawan Women’s College, Siwan
- CM Dubey Post Graduate College, Bilaspur
- Bhilai Women’s College, Durga
- Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Ludhiana
- Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Girls Government PG College, Lucknow
- Hindu Girls College, Jindo
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur
- Nalanda Open University, Patna
- BBS Institute of Pharmaceutical and Allied Sciences, Greater Noida
Eligibility for BA Home Science
At the time of applying to any university, there are certain requirements that students need to fulfill in order to be eligible for that particular course. The essential qualifications for BA Home Science are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with good marks from a recognized institute or board.
- Most of the universities give admission on the basis of merit.
- In case of foreign universities, as proof of English proficiency IELTS either TOEFL either PTE etc. test scores are required.
- In addition to these requirements abroad Lor, SOP, CV/Resume, portfolio etc. are also required.
The application process for BA Home Science in Indian and foreign universities is mentioned below:
Abroad Application Process
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is choosing the right course and university.
- After selecting the course and university, research about the eligibility criteria of that university for that course.
- Collect the required test scores and documents.
- Fill the application form by visiting the university site or you Leverage Edu You can also take the help of experts.
- Wait for the offer and prepare for the interview if selected.
- Pay the required tuition fee after clearing the interview round and get the scholarship, student visa, education loan And apply for hostel.
a charming S.O.P. You can take the help of Leverage Edu experts to help you with the complete application process, from writing to visa application.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
Are you looking for an education loan to study abroad, apply today Leveraged Finance Avail and get education loan based on your course and university.
Application Process in Indian Universities
The application process in Indian universities is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
- Your 10th or 12th exam mark sheet and pass certificate
- proof of date of birth
- school leaving Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Domicile Certificate/Residential Proof or Certificate
- provisional certificate
- character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate
- Proof of Disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate (Migration)
Entrance Exam for BA Home Science
The entrance exams related to BA Home Science are as follows-
|name of exam||Registration Date||test date|
|BHU UET||1st week of May 2022 to 1st week of June 2022||June/July 2022|
|PUB DET||4th week of March 2022 to 2nd week of April 2022||2nd week of August 2022|
|APU UG NET||,||,|
|UPSEE||1st week of Apr 2022 to last week of May 2022||Last week of June 2022|
|TS EAMCET||May from 4th week of March 2022
By 3rd week of 2022
|1st to 2nd week of July 2022|
ba home science best books
The important books that can be studied while studying BA Home Science are-
|Fundamentals of Human Nutrition EBook: for Students and Practitioners in the Health Sciences||Katherine Geisler and Hillary Powers||Buy Here|
|Health Behavior Change: A Guide for Practitioners||Stephen Rollnick||Buy Here|
|Mental Health Care for Elderly People, 1e||Ian J Norman||Buy Here|
|Nutritional Sciences: From Fundamentals to Food||Michelle McGuire and Cathy A. Berman||Buy Here|
Career and Salary after BA Home Science
Once you complete the course, you can explore many job opportunities in both public and private sector. Major employment sectors include government messes, restaurants, cafeterias, community centres, hospitals, welfare organizations, counselling, educational institutions, fashion journalism, apparel merchandising, etc. Here are some of the major job profiles that BA Home Science graduates can choose from-
- research scientist
- food analyst
Some of the major job profiles and salaries after BA Home Science are given below-
|job profile||Annual Salary (in INR)|
|chef||3 to 4 lakhs|
|housekeeping supervisor||3 to 4 lakhs|
|nutritionist||4 to 6 lakhs|
|food analyst||5 to 6 lakhs|
BA (Home Science) or Bachelor of Arts in Home Science is an under-graduate professional home science course. It is a course of three years duration and is divided into six semesters. Home science covers the study of measures of nutrition, health and development, including science that deals with the surroundings and environment.
It includes subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Physiology, Biology, Hygiene, Economics, Rural Development, Child Development, Sociology and Family Relations, Community Living, Art, Food, Nutrition, Clothing, Textiles and Home Management etc.
There are many jobs after BA Home Science, you can work as Child Care Giver, Food Analyst, Health Care Worker, Cook/Chef, Hospital Attendant, Food Scientist, Teacher (Home Science).
BA course in Home Science offers many opportunities to the students as interior designers, chefs, food analysts, catering agents, bakers as well as health care professionals in the tourism industry, tourist resorts, hotels etc.
We hope that this blog has given you all the information related to BA Home Science. If you wish to study BA Home Science abroad, apply today for the best guidance 1800 572 000 call and Leverage Edu Book a free 30 minute session with the experts.