The University of Sheffield also known as Sheffield Hallam University (SHU). Sheffield Hallam University is one of the world’s public universities. This great university is located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It is located at two places; The City Campus is located in the city centre, near Sheffield Railway Station, while the Collegiate Crescent Campus is approximately two miles from the Broomhall Estate off Excellas Road in south-west Sheffield. Sheffield has one of the highest number of undergraduate universities in the world, which sees the academically pioneering achievements of this institution.
|University name||University of Sheffield|
|Applications||through online portal|
|application free||20 GBP (₹2,008.14) for Bachelors and nothing for Masters.|
|how to make payment||By Visa, Credit Card, Master Card or any other card.|
|intake season||September and February|
|Interview||Required for some masters programs.|
University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is one of the most prominent universities in the United Kingdom, established in 1897. It has been part of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School, with a special focus on the technical field and science. It is also known as one of the six original ‘redbrick’. The university began its classes with 114 students, and later, the number of enrollments increased to 1,000 students. Over the years, the university has grown rapidly and developed new departments, residential halls, faculty buildings, and also expanded the campus area. Today, the university is globally known as one of the best institutions for higher education.
The University of Sheffield is a member of major groups such as the Russell Group, UN ACU, N8 Group, and AMBA University UK. One campus of the university is located in Sheffield, Yorkshire. The campus has excellent facilities, study rooms and the best student union of the country. In addition, there are several restaurants and cafes on the campus where students can relax. The university fulfills the academic demands of the students by offering Graduation and Post Graduation courses. The university consists of five major departments – Department of Science, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Social Sciences, Department of Engineering and Department of Medicine and Health. This university also has an international department known as City College located in Greece.
Why choose Sheffield University?
The answers to the question why any student should choose Sheffield are given below-
- Program: The University of Sheffield offers about 225 postgraduate courses and more than 260 graduate program options.
- Placement: Students can undergo 1 year placement in their degree program with approval from their respective department.
- Amenities: The Department of Plant Science and Biology, a museum, and the Art Tower are located on the University of Sheffield campus.
- Campus: The Western Bank Library of the University of Sheffield houses a vast collection of books and research papers. About 25,000 rare books and over 150 special collections can be found in the library.
- Course: The university offers Bachelors and Masters degree programs. The academic structure is known to have a vast list of courses that are divided into various departments and faculties.
Sheffield University Rankings
|Time Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 (Global)||#110|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 (UK)||#13|
|QS World University Rankings 2022 (Global)||#95|
|QS World University Rankings 2022 (UK)||#17|
Acceptance Rate at the University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is one of the leading universities with the highest acceptance rate in the world. The acceptance rate of Sheffield Hallam University is up to 85% for the applicants, which is of great benefit to the applicants. With the acceptance rate being so high, there is a chance of more applications being accepted.
Sheffield University Important Dates
|program||Application closing date||Fee (Annual/GBP)|
|MBA||Term 1 10 September 2021 Term 2 14 January 2022||27,449 (₹27.44 lakh)|
|MSc Management||Term 1 10 September 2021 Term 2 14 January 2022||25,224 (₹25.22 lakh)|
|BSc Computer Science||26 January 2022||22,457 (₹22.45 lakh)|
|BA Journalism Studies||26 January 2022||19,667 (₹19.66 lakh)|
Top Courses and Fees at University of Sheffield
The list of top courses and fees is given below-
|Course||first year fee (GBP)|
|Masters in Business Administration (MBA)||27,449 (₹27.44 lakh)|
|Master of Business Management||25,224 (₹25.22 lakh)|
|Masters of Science (Finance and Accounting)||27,449 (₹27.44 lakh)|
|Master of Science (Robotics)||25,224 (₹25.22 lakh)|
|Master of Arts (Architectural Design)||19,951 (₹19.95 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Arts(Journalism Studies)||19,667 (₹19.66 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Law||17,492 (₹17.49 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)||19,667 (₹19.66 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Engineering||22,457 (₹22.45 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Art (Architecture)||22,457 (₹22.45 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Music||21,000 (₹21 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Engineering||24,000 (₹24 lakh)|
|Bachelor of Science||24,000 (₹24 lakh)|
|Master of Arts (MA) Law||19,000 (₹19 lakh)|
cost of living
The cost of living in UK depends on the lifestyle of the students, below are the common cost of living-
|room type||Undergraduate (£/annual)||Post Graduation (£/annual)|
|in – sweet||6,782 (₹6.78 lakh)||6,150 (₹6.15 lakh)|
|duplex||7,300 (₹7.30 lakh)||6,638 (₹6.63 lakh)|
|share bathroom||4,839 (₹4.83 lakh)||4,680 (₹4.68 lakh)|
To know more easily about the cost of living abroad according to your choice and lifestyle Cost of Living Calculator use.
Eligibility for the University of Sheffield
The qualifications for the University of Sheffield are as follows:
For Bachelors Course
- Students need 75-80% in class XII for admission to Bachelors program. Bachelors degree with at least 60% from a reputed university is required for admission to Masters programmes.
- International students’ qualifications are judged through different aspects, such as entry deadlines, proof of English language proficiency, and UK student visas.
- For language proficiency, the university will only recognize the marks obtained by IELTS, TOEFL.
- Class 12th students studying from West Bengal Board should have got 75% – 85% marks in 12th.
- A student studying 12th from CBSE ICSE Maharashtra Board should have got 80% to 90% marks in 12th.
- International students have to clear entrance exams like SAT, GMAT, GRE and IELTS.
- If the students are preparing for these entrance exams then they Leverage Live You can do a live demo.
for masters course
- Must have secured more than 60% marks in graduation.
- Minimum 6.5 marks in each component and SOP of 300 words in IELTS.
- Must have work experience of 3 to 5 years.
You Leverage Live With the help of this you can prepare for exams like IELTS/ TOEFL/ GMAT/ GRE/ SAT/ ACT.
Application process for the University of Sheffield
The application process for the University of Sheffield is as follows:
- You AI Course Finder Shortlist your courses with the help of our website and get advice from experts. The experts will then initiate your application process at the university through our common dashboard platform where you can also check the status of your application process yourself.
- For this, you have to register by visiting the UCAS portal. From here you will get the User ID and Password.
- Sign in with User ID and select the course you want to choose.
- In the next step, enter your educational details.
- with educational qualification IELTS, TOEFLentrance exam score, SOP, LOR Fill in the information.
- Fill the job details of previous years.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Finally submit the application form.
Applicants wishing to apply to foreign universities Leverage Edu You can visit here to get all the information and apply.
Documents Required for the University of Sheffield
The list of required documents are as follows:
also to get student visa Leverage Edu Experts will help you in every possible way.
Sheffield University Scholarship
The University of Sheffield offers 75 scholarships worth 50% of the tuition fee for each year of the Bachelors degree. (under 60% average). Apart from this, there are some other scholarships whose names are being given below.
- International Baccalaureate Scholarship
- NCUK Merit Scholarship
- GMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- External Source of Funding
The university provides career support to students during the graduation period and three years after graduation. Statistics compiled from the University Guide 2018-2019 show that 96% of University of Sheffield graduates are gainfully employed or pursuing further studies within six months of graduation. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 recognized the University of Sheffield as the No. 1 University in Northern England for producing employable graduates annually.
Some of the companies that recruit students pursuing various courses at the University of Sheffield are-
- Goldman Sachs
Some of the notable alumni of Sheffield University are as follows:
|Joseph Marcel||actor and comedian|
|Jessica B. Hill||athlete|
|dan walker||tv presenter|
|Stephen Daldry||director and producer|
|Chris Chibnelli||tv writer|
It is very easy to get admission from the University of Sheffield. IELTS-6.5 with 6.0 persons is very good to get top admission for applicant applying to masters program.
Interviews are not a prerequisite for admission for most courses, but some departments conduct interviews to further assess applicants’ motivation and personal qualities. Departments where interviews take place include medicine, dentistry, orthopedics, human communication science (for admission to speech science) and social work.
The applicant must be a registered student at the university or college to be admitted to the University of Sheffield. The applicant must then have the equivalent of a UK 2:1 average. This could be a B average, 3.0/4.0 or 5.0/7.0, or a GPA of 60/1.
Hope you have got all the information about the University of Sheffield. If you want to study at the University of Sheffield you can visit our Leverage Edu from the experts of 1800 572 000 Call us and book a free 30-minute session today.