Designing buildings, houses, architectural marvels and skyscrapers would not have been possible without an architectural engineer. Earlier architecture was considered a profession only for students of the elite class. However, with rapid urbanization, there has been an increase in the demand for professionals in this field. A career in architectural engineering is considered to be one of the most lucrative yet challenging paths. But with the right degree program and university, a strong career can be built in this field. Read this blog till the end to find out these universities for architecture engineering course, application process, eligibility and more details.
|Course Type||Diploma, UG, PG and Doctoral Level|
|admission process||Entrance Exam and Educational Qualification|
|average course fee||around 1 lakh to 4 lakh|
|program duration||UG-4 Years
PG – 2 years
Diploma -3 Years
|Average Salary (per annum)||Approx INR 8 Lakh-12 Lakh|
|career options||Historian, Draughtsman, Designer, Engineer, Assistant, Landscape Architect, Interior Designer, Project Consultant|
What is Architecture Engineering course?
Architectural engineering deals with a range of technical aspects from planning, design and construction to the operation of a constructed building. Many people confuse an architect with an architectural engineer, but the fact is that there is a major difference between the two, an architect focuses on the artistic expression of a building whereas architectural engineering involves techniques and technology. Architectural engineering involves techniques and technology.
Why choose Architectural Engineering course?
Here are some of the reasons to choose architectural engineering course:
- Be more analytical and artistic: Architecture is a multidisciplinary field. Drawing ideas and making sketches requires aesthetic abilities, but the technical part of building and other structures requires strong analytical abilities. Architecture is one of the few fields where you can be both creative and analytical at the same time.
- This is a constantly changing field: Architecture as a profession is always changing, and it is an architect’s job to meet the needs of the public and their clients in terms of construction methods and processes. Architects are required to develop new architectural concepts that push the boundaries of how modern projects are accomplished, making it a dynamic and ever-changing discipline.
- Allows you to travel: As an architect, you will need to visit many new locations where your clients want their designs installed or manufactured. It is not limited to any one place; It allows you to explore the globe and build ideas and structures.
architecture engineering course list
The list of top architectural engineering courses is as follows:
- Master of Architecture
- BSc in Architecture Engineering
- PhD in AE
- Integrated Bachelor/Master of AE
- MEng in AE
- MSc AE
- MSc Architectural Engineering Design
- MEng AE
- MPhil in Architectural Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Architectural Environmental Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Architectural Environmental Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in AE
- MEng (Hons) in AE
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Architectural Engineering
- MSc in Civil & Architectural Engineering
- PhD in Civil & Architectural Engineering
- B Tech Architecture Engineering
Architecture Engineering Course Subject
Tabulated below is a list of subjects that are commonly found in courses offered in this field. The specializations undertaken may have their own permutations of the curriculum.
|UG subject||PG subject|
architectural graphics basic design
Waves and Thermodynamics
Introduction to Building Industry
Materials- Steel/Concrete Design Analysis
strength of materials
Building Construction, Planning and Management
Advocate Building Electrical System Design
Critical Communication for Engineers
Structural Theory and Design
Systems Modeling & Design
Historical Structural Design Methods
Advocate Steel Design
building structural systems
Architectural Structural Systems
Environmental Control Systems
design of masonry structures
building construction estimating
top universities abroad
Some of the top universities for architecture engineering courses are as follows:
- Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyUnited States of america
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- Harvard UniversityUnited States of america
- Pennsylvania State UniversityUnited States of america
- University of Colorado BoulderUnited States of america
- Cornell UniversityUnited States of america
- delft university of technologyNetherlands
- University of California Berkeley, United States
top university in india
The top universities in India for architecture engineering courses are as follows:
- VIT Vellore
- SRM University Chennai
- DSCE Bangalore
- MSU Baroda
- LPU Jalandhar
- Jamia New Delhi
- MSRIT Bangalore
The eligibility for Graduation, Masters and Diploma courses in Architectural Engineering is given below:
- For graduation level, students must have passed their 10+2 examination or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from a recognized board examination.
- For post graduation level, students must have a graduation degree in Architectural Engineering or equivalent. They must have compulsory maths and science subjects in the graduation course.
- For Diploma and Certificate level, candidates must have passed at least 10th with 55% marks in aggregate. They must have Mathematics and Science as compulsory subjects.
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course FinderYou can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- After contact with experts they will start your application process of multiple universities through common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to have all your documents likeS.O.P.Dissertation, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such asIELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc. which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage LiveCan attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visaAnd start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
The application process in Indian universities is as follows-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
Some universities also conduct entrance exams for admission to architectural engineering courses. It may differ according to the university. Some of the main entrance exams are as follows:
Architectural engineering graduates can choose to work in a wide variety of industries ranging from architecture-oriented to designing, management and even city planning. If a student wants to pursue further studies instead of a job, then one can also choose a masters or doctorate program in architectural engineering.
Job Profile and Salary
Here are some of the options you can make a career in:
- Architectural Engineer
- design manager
- Regulatory & Policy Expert
- Architectural Technologist
- CAD technician
- building surveyor
- City Planner
- Planning & Development Surveyor
- Building engineer
- Historic Buildings Officer
- Systems Design Engineer
The average salary of an architectural engineer in India is 2 lakh-10 lakh per annum. Salary may increase depending on your qualification, experience and expertise in the field.
you in architecture engineering B.Tech Can Do which is a four year professional program at the graduation level. You must have completed your higher secondary education from a recognized board. Admission will be based on the marks obtained by you in the respective entrance test.
University College London, United Kingdom offers a postgraduate master’s course known as Engineering and Architectural Design MEng. This is a four year program.
University of Nottingham, United Kingdom offers Architectural Environmental Engineering BEng for which you need to score 84-93% and 6.5 and above from recognized boards IELTS There should be a score.
Hope you have got complete information about Architecture Engineering course through this blog. If you also want to study B.Sc Zoology abroad or after that, then today our Leverage Edu Book a 30 minute free session with an expert by calling 1800 572 000.