In today’s time, everyone selects the best course in search of better options by earning maximum knowledge in their degree. Integrated courses are becoming famous due to the desire of this satisfaction among the candidates who want to study abroad. One such integrated course is B.Com in Law i.e. B.Com LLB. Students who see and are interested in their career in commerce or say business and law can choose this field. For better information related to B.Com in Law, read this blog till the end.
|course name||B.Com in Law (B.Com LLB)|
|Course Type||Full Time Integrated Degree|
|course duration||5 years|
|entrance exam||CLAT, LSAT, APLAWCET, TSLAWCET, ULSAT, MHCET Law|
What is B.Com in Law?
B.Com in Law is a dual undergraduate degree which is perfect to provide you with the field knowledge of both commerce and law. Your admission in this course will be done according to your entrance exam in which your marks will be given special importance. Candidates who have completed their 12th from any subjects can take admission in this course. In this course, candidates will be taught commerce subjects such as business statistics, business communication, auditing, economics, etc., as well as law subjects such as law of contract, consumer protection law, constitutional law, law of crimes, legal language, etc. This degree is mainly divided into 10 semesters in which candidates will be exposed to theory as well as practicals related to law and business.
Why do B.Com in Law?
In doing this degree made of a mixture of two degrees, you can have many benefits in future which are as follows-
- students who both business and law interested in and want to decide to make their career in both the fields then this course will be best for them. This course qualifies you for both business and law related jobs which add an additional quality.
- You will be able to complete two courses in a span of 5 years. Where LLB is a 5 year course in itself and B.Com is a three year graduation with the benefits of both of you doing both together. one year span save Let’s do You can gain experience by giving this time in your training.
- As we talked that this course is capable of giving you knowledge of both business and law, More job options Let’s find The options available to you after the completion of the degree can be related to various fields in which you will be able to use your skills in a better way.
Essential Skills for B.Com in Law
To do this course, along with the speaking skills of the candidates, the reading skills should also be better. Hindi and English have been considered prominent among the essential languages. Since this field is related to law, it is also necessary for the candidate to have the will power to work long hours. Apart from these skills, the things that the candidate needs to be perfect are the following-
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to analyze facts
- The Art of Judging Situations and People
- hard working
- interest in research
- power to convince
- speech clarity
- better presentation skills
syllabus of bcom in law
Students pursuing B.Com in Law will find the following topics and subjects in their degree. However, these subjects can also change according to your chosen university. The names of some common topics are given in the table below-
|business statistics||financial accounting|
|law of contract||Women, Child and the Law|
|History of Courts, Legislation and Legal Profession in India||consumer protection law|
|environmental studies||corporate accounting|
|business finance||constitutional law|
|law of crimes||legal language|
|foreign languages||interpretation of statutes|
|law of evidence||law of tort|
|family law||research methodology|
|jurisprudence||civil procedure code|
|labor law||company law|
|criminal procedure code||Drafting, Pleading & Conveyancing|
|public international law||property law|
|Human Rights and Humanitarian Law||private international law|
|environmental law||land laws including ceiling|
|intellectual property rights||Criminology and Penology|
|Arbitration, Conciliation and Alternate Dispute Resolution Systems||Banking and Financial Institutions Including Negotiable Instruments|
|professional ethics||Public Interest Lawing, Legal Aid & Para Legal Services|
Top Universities to do B.Com in Law Abroad
Top universities abroad are given below-
|universities||annual tuition fee|
|Stanford University, US||USD 60,000 (INR 45 Lakh)|
|University of Cambridge, UK||GBP 33,000 (INR 33 Lakh)|
|Oxford University, UK||GBP 37,850 (INR 37.85 Lakh)|
|University of Chicago, US||USD 58,266 (INR 43.70 Lakh)|
|Yale University, US||USD 45,330 (INR 34 Lakh)|
|Duke University, US||USD 41,000 (INR 30.75 Lakh)|
|New York University, US||USD 47,000 (INR 35.25 Lakh)|
|University College London, UK||GBP 42,000 (INR 42 Lakh)|
|Harvard University, US||USD 67,720 (INR 50.79 Lakh)|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||GBP 22,690 (22.69 Lakh)|
Top Universities for B.Com in Law in India
Following are the names of top universities to do B.Com in Law in India-
- SLR University
- Amity University
- Indian Institute of Legal Studies
- IEC University
- MIT World Peace University
- ITM University
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Qualifications for B.Com in Law
Given below is the eligibility for B.Com in Law-
- Those wishing to pursue B.Com course in Law must have secured at least 45% marks in class XII (any stream) in any recognized board. B.Com in Law students also need to qualify the required entrance test for admission to the courses.
- To do B.Com in Law, students must have 12th pass certificate. If you want to study B.Com in Law after 12th which is for 5 five years.
- There is no age limit for doing B.Com in Law in India.
- English language test for study abroad IELTS/TOEFL,PTE marks will be required.
- Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT) exam scores are required to take admission in B.Com program in Law.
The application process by Indian Universities is present below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a username and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Application process for foreign university
To apply the candidate will have to complete the process given below-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you would like to apply through our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- After getting in touch with our experts, they will start your application process across multiple universities through our common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to have all your documents like S.O.P., Essay, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, then you can take our Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visa And start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
To take admission in a foreign university, it is necessary to have the following documents-
To do B.Com in Law, mainly you will need to clear some entrance exam. The list of entrance exams offered for B.Com in Law is given below-
- MHCET Law
Being an integrated course, this course prepares you for the many options you will get in future. After this degree, if you want, you can opt for Masters or PhD in your own field. But if your intention is to do a job then you can try your coin in the following areas-
- law firms
- government jobs
- corporate giants
- pharmaceuticals companies
- casting agencies
- private practice
- consultancy firms
The names of top legal firms that are capable of hiring law graduates are given below-
- Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co.
- AZB & Partners
- Khaitan & Co.
- J Sagar Associates
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- S&R Associates
- Economic Laws Practice
- Desai & Diwanji
- Talwar Thakore & Associates
- ICICI Bank
- Kia-Tencor Corporation
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Many different profiles are open to the candidates doing B.Com in Law, choosing one of which they can pursue their career. Along with this, we have also mentioned the salary of these profiles. This salary has been verified by payscale.com-
|job profiles||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|HR manager||7-9 lakhs|
|legal advisor||6-8 lakhs|
|corporate lawyer||7-8 lakhs|
|attorney general||6-8 lakhs|
|law officer||6-8 lakhs|
|assistant officer||4-6 lakhs|
Yes, you can pursue LLB after B.Com. In India, if you want to study law and want to make a career as a legal practitioner / advocate, then you have to study LLB (Bachelor of Laws).
This is a Bachelor’s degree course, whose full name is Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law, which is of full 5 years, it is a professionally integrated course. In the B.Com LLB course, you are given a detailed study of two interrelated subjects of commerce and law.
UGC has fixed a time limit of two years for the study of LLD i.e. Doctor of Law. Now after completing the research work in the second year and submitting the thesis, there will be eligibility for PhD degree. According to the existing rules, three years are available for Ph.D. An extension of six months can be given for special reasons.
We hope you now know how to do B.Com in Law? If you want to do B.Com in Law and also want a proper guidance then today only 1800572000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts at