Ordinary courses in the industry, that is, courses which are considered common these days, do not get that status in the list of priority many times, as much as it is necessary to get. Nowadays, the education industry thinks of providing something different to the students so that their scope of learning increases and also to get a job. Due to this trend Masters of business administration Courses like these finance have come. In this course, you are given knowledge of both management and finance. This unique and effective technique makes you capable of a job in both the fields. For detailed information about Masters of Business Administration in Finance i.e. NBA in Finance, read this blog till the end.
|full form||Masters of Business Administration in Finance|
|job positions||Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, Assistant Vice President-Corporate Banking, Credit Risk Manager, Derivatives Trader, Portfolio Manager, Treasury Manager|
What is MBA in Finance?
MBA in Finance is a two-year master’s degree in which management, strategy and administration, as well as terms such as the laws of finance and investments, have a special character. In the profiles obtained from this degree, the candidate is considered competent for manager level jobs. With this degree you are likely to find yourself in managerial roles in fields such as top banks, insurance companies, audit firms and fintech companies.
If you look at the syllabus of this course, then there are core and elective subjects in it, which will give you knowledge about management studies, investment and finance. Apart from this, the range of main subjects includes International Finance, Structured Finance, Infrastructure Finance and Corporate Finance etc.
Why do MBA in Finance?
Before thinking of choosing each degree and making a career in it, you must be aware of the benefits that come with it. So what are the benefits of doing MBA in Finance. Let’s know :-
- What makes this course different from other management or finance courses is the combination of both the courses. So if you want to imbibe management qualities in yourself but at the same time have interest in finance then you can choose MBA in Finance which is a combination of both.
- Because it introduces you to the merits of both the fields, management and finance, it makes you eligible for jobs in both management and finance. So mainly the number of jobs you get increases. Along with this, the scope of job-giving sectors also increases.
- Jobs that you can try your hand at include profiles like Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, Assistant Vice President-Corporate Banking, Credit Risk Manager, Derivatives Trader, Portfolio Manager, Treasury Manager etc.
Essential Skills for MBA in Finance
For better performance in each profile, you need to master some specific skills. What are the essential skills for MBA in Finance? Let us know through the pointers given below-
- strong quantitative skills
- the quality of leading
- critical thinking
- the art of handling multiple tasks
- the art of handling criticism
- dependable and self-sufficient
- Motivated and Ambitious
- data analysis skills
- skill to work under pressure
MBA Syllabus in Finance
MBA in Finance is a two year postgraduate course whose syllabus is divided into four semesters-
|semester 1||semester 2|
|micro economics||financial modeling|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||supply chain management|
|principles of accounting||business intelligence|
|Principles of Marketing Management||strategic management|
|Tools and Framework for Decision Making||managerial economics|
|Quantitative Methods and Statistics||marketing research|
|Business Communication and Soft Skills||Corporate Governance and Business Ethics|
|Organizational Behavior – 1||Corporate Finance-2|
|semester 3||semester 4|
|macro economics||internship projects|
|business law||project submission|
|operations management||Organizational Behavior – 2|
|corporate management||marketing management|
|Optimization and Project Research||project management|
Best Universities for MBA in Finance Abroad
Which are the best universities to do MBA in finance abroad? We have given below the names of top universities abroad-
- University of Alberta, Canada
- Coventry University, UK
- University of East London, UK
- Stanford University, USA
- University of Greenwich, UK
- New York University, USA
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Concordia University, Canada
- Pace University, USA
- University of California, USA
- University of South Australia, Australia
- Western Sydney University, Australia
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- IU International University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Dublin Business School, Ireland
- New York Institute of Technology, USA
- Cornell University, USA
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Stony Brook University, USA
Best Universities for MBA in Finance in India
We have mentioned below the top colleges to do MBA Finance in India-
- Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM), Lucknow
- s. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
- UEI Global, Delhi
- MIT School of Management, Pune
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar
Qualifications for MBA in Finance
If you are interested in pursuing a degree in the field of MBA in Finance, you must meet the eligibility criteria set by your chosen university. These requirements differ according to the level of the courses, such as Bachelor’s, Master’s or Diploma. Some of the common qualifications for MBA in Finance course are as follows:
- Bachelors degree program requires that the candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Some universities also accept admission on the basis of entrance test.
- Most of the foreign universities for masters courses GRE Score demands.
- Also, for admission in Masters, it is necessary to have at least 50% marks in your undergraduate degree.
- For admission in foreign universities IELTS either TOEFL Test scores are required as proof of English proficiency.
- to study in foreign universities S.O.P., Lor, CV/Resume And portfolio Deposit is also required.
The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- After contact with experts they will start your application process of multiple universities through common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to check all your documents like S.O.P.Dissertation, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc. which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visa And start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
The application process for universities in India is as follows:
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Some of the important documents are listed below-
To do MBA in Finance, the candidate will be required to clear some entrance exams. Below is their list-
study material for mba in finance
For your convenience, we have listed the best study material for MBA in Finance in the table below-
Although after doing MBA in Finance, you will have many great options, but the fields where you will see more job options include Banking, Financial Services and Insurance. After MBA in Finance, you can apply in fields like Corporate Finance, Insurance, Financial Planning, Banking, Accounting, Taxation, Financial Investment, Portfolio Management, Taxation & Planning, Assets & Liability Finance, International Finance & Insurance Management You can move forward.
Top Recruiting Companies
Following companies are able to give you job after doing MBA in Finance-
|1. Morgan Stanley||6. Merrill Lynch||11.Barclays|
|2. J.P. Morgan||7. Goldman Sachs||12. Bain & Co.|
|Boston Consulting Group||8. McKinsey||13. Deloitte|
|4.Lehman Brothers||9.Deutsche Bank||14. Citibank|
|5. KPMG||10. ICICI Bank||,|
job profile and salary
After MBA in Finance, you can apply for the job profiles given below, whose average salary we have also mentioned in the table. The given salary is the information taken by Payscale.com :-
|job position||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|financial analyst||4.22-5 Lakh|
|finance manager||9.80-10.50 Lakh|
|Assistant Vice President – Corporate Banking||20-21 lakhs|
|credit risk manager||13.50-14.50 Lakh|
|derivatives trader||3.25-4 Lakh|
|portfolio manager||10.71-11.40 Lakh|
|treasury manager||INR 9.69-10.40 Lakh|
MBA in Finance is a two year postgraduate course.
To do MBA in Finance, the candidate will be required to clear some entrance exams. Below is their list:-
We have mentioned below the top colleges to do MBA Finance in India:-
1. Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
3. S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
4. Management Development Institute, Gurugram
5. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
6. Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
7. UEI Global, Delhi
8. MIT School of Management, Pune
9. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar
We hope that now you know how to do MBA in Finance? If you want to do MBA in Finance and also want a proper guidance then today 1800572000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts at