The study of chemistry opens up possibilities for you to explore how matter and energy interact in different environments. Encompassing almost everything around us, chemistry is an intriguing domain that is defined as the science of matter around us. This course is offered as a part of science stream subjects at secondary level. It is an ideal option to consider if you are keen on exploring this interdisciplinary subjects at Bachelor’s level. Chemistry is the foundation to build a rewarding career. This blog has been told about B.Sc Chemistry.
What is BSC Chemistry?
The full name of BSc Chemistry is Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. The duration of this course is 3 years. B.Sc Chemistry includes the fundamentals of chemical science. This course provides students with knowledge of the behaviour, structure, composition and properties of the various elements of matter around them. In addition, students will learn about the different ways elements react when they undergo certain reactions with particular chemicals. The chemistry course lays more emphasis on providing theoretical knowledge about substances, molecules, atoms and crystals etc.
Why choose B.Sc Chemistry?
There are many reasons to choose B.Sc Chemistry, some of the main ones are mentioned below:
- The three years of BSc Chemistry not only talks about Chemistry but also gives you a fixed amount of time to study other subjects like Physics, Maths and Biology either through separate subjects or integrated subjects.
- Candidates will get a chance to learn about all the basic subjects that they have studied in school with in depth knowledge of those subjects and understanding of new dimensions of chemistry.
- The subject of B.Sc Chemistry will also provide students with the connection of chemistry and other subjects through subjects like Bio Chemistry, Earth Science, Industrial Science and Pharmacology etc.
- Ultimately, this course will give you the opportunity to learn a whole lot about how chemistry works in your everyday life.
Following are the skills required for B.Sc Chemistry which will help you in getting a job after completing the course:
- communication skills
- problem solving
- analytical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Mathematical/Numerical Ability
- team work
- Research and Presentation
- Monitoring and maintaining data records
bsc chemistry syllabus
The syllabus of B.Sc Chemistry to be taught during the duration of 6 semesters is given below:
How to do BSC Chemistry?
The step by step guide to pursue B.Sc Chemistry is given below with the help of which you can make your planning:
- Step 1: Complete the Schooling: You complete your school studies and especially keep in mind that your main subjects Physics, chemistry, maths And Biology Should be from such subjects.
- Step 2: Prepare for the Entrance Exam: You can study about chemistry after completing your schooling to prepare for entrance exams mainly in India GSAT, DSAT And there are also foreign entrance exams like SAT, act e.t.c. With the help of these exams B.Sc You can apply for courses like
- Step 3: Graduate Degree get receive: you in chemistry B.Sc, degree can be obtained. This course is generally of 3 to 4 years.
- Step 4: Get the Job: After B.Sc Chemistry you can apply for jobs based on your degree and skills. Try to get a job and get a job which will help you immensely in learning on the job in this field because the more you learn from experience the more expert you become in that field.
- Step 5: Get Post Graduate Degree: You can also pursue a post graduate degree for better opportunities in your job. you in management MBA Like you can get post graduate degree. The duration of these courses is generally of 2 years.
top foreign universities
Given below are the names of top foreign universities to pursue BSc Chemistry course:
Top Indian Universities
Top Indian Universities for BSc Chemistry are as follows:
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- University of Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jadavpur University
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College
- Stella Maris College
- Women’s Christian College
- Mount Carmel College
- Ethiraj College for Women
- Loyola College
To pursue BSC Chemistry course from top universities abroad, you need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Although the eligibility criteria may differ from one university to another, here are some general conditions:
- You must be over 17 years of age.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least 50% marks in 12th.
- Bachelor degree course in any university SAT,act can also be demanded.
- Along with the above requirements you need to go abroad IELTS either TOEFL Scores are also required.
Application process for foreign university
To apply the candidate will have to complete the process given below:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course for which you would like to apply through our AI Course Finder You can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of.
- The next step is to have all your documents like S.O.P.Essay, Certificates and Lor and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, act etc. is to collect and organize.
- If you haven’t done your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc., which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, then you can take our Leverage Live Can attend classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, Experts Housing, student visa And start the scholarship/student loan application process.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
For information and assistance with the application process Leverage Edu Contact Experts at 1800 572 000
Indian university application process
The application process by Indian universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
You will need the following essential documents:
To get student visa also our Leverage Edu The experts will help you in every possible way.
There are different types of entrance exams for getting admission in different colleges, but there are some common exams which are mostly recognized by all the colleges or universities, some of them are as follows:
foreign entrance examinations
indian entrance exams
- MCAER CET
- OUAT ET
- ICAR AIEEA (PG)
- IPU CET
- KIITEE BCA
- LUCSAT BCA
- BU Mat
- NMU UG CET
- AIMA UGAT
Best Books for BSC Chemistry are given below:
future career options
The courses that can be done after B.Sc Chemistry are as follows, out of which you can choose any course for yourself:
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Biochemistry
- MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Microbiology
- MSc Agriculture
- MSc Forensic Science
- MSc in Drug Chemistry
- MSc in Physical & Materials Chemistry
- MTech in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Molecular Chemistry
- MSc in Bioinformatics
- MSc Physical & Materials Chemistry
- PhD in Chemistry
- MPhil in Chemistry
The employment area to do job after BSC Chemistry is as follows:
- Research Labs
- Government Labs
- manufacturing companies
- water quality management
- production chemist
- Biotech Companies
Job Profile & Salary Package
According to Glassdoor.in, the job profile and expected annual salary after doing BSC Chemistry course can be as follows:
|job profile||average salary package in INR|
|product officer||4 to 5 lakhs|
|lab assistant||2.5 to 3.5 lakh|
|toxicologist||3 to 4 lakhs|
|medical Technologist||3 to 4 lakhs|
|radiologist||3 to 4 lakhs|
|quality control officer||5 to 7 lakhs|
|chemical engineering associate||5 to 6 lakhs|
It takes you 3 years to complete the B.Sc Chemistry course in which you will study 6 semesters.
Yes studying BSC Chemistry abroad is a good option for you, there are many foreign universities which have good rankings in the world and provide specialized courses in this field.
Hope you have liked our blog in the context of BSC Chemistry, if you also want to complete your studies from a foreign university, then today itself 1800 572 000 by calling our Leverage Edu Book a free 30-minute session with the experts at They will also help you with the application process with a proper guidance.