As we get ready to welcome 2023 in just a few weeks, Google released its annual Year In Search list. According to it one of the most popular searches in India in 2022 was for “how to make banana bread.” Making banana bread is incredibly simple and tasty. It’s also healthier than most baked products, making it a fantastic snack to keep on hand and a well-liked dessert recipe. Banana bread is popular with both children and adults due to its sweet flavour and soft texture. A strong source of essential vitamins and minerals, banana bread is high in potassium and vitamin B6. If you are a beginner and want to attempt this amazing recipe then we are here to help you with an easy recipe and some useful tips and tricks. (Also read: Recipe: This Coffee Walnut Banana Bread will give the right kick to your morning )
Talking to HT Lifestyle, Chef Namrata Sanwal, dessert artist, baking mentor, professionally trained pastry chef and founder of Instagram page @pastrychefnam, suggested some useful tips and tricks which you should keep in mind before making banana bread.
Tips and tricks to keep in mind before making banana bread:
1. Always use ripe bananas. The blacker they are on the outside, the better they will make the bread taste.
2. Mash the bananas properly so the banana flavour gets dispersed evenly.
3. Use refined flour for a lighter cake and whole wheat flour for a denser loaf.
4. Use brown sugar instead of white for more deeper flavour.
5. Mix the wet ingredients first and then the dry and never over-mix the flour
6. Use oil for a softer & more moist bread and butter for a denser, cake-ier bread.
7. Always bake in a well-greased loaf tin at not more than 180C.
Banana Bread Recipe
(Recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)
2 medium bananas
¼ cup butter
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
A pinch of baking soda
A pinch of sea salt
85 grams almond flour
1 tbsp flax seeds (alsi) powder
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C. Take 2 medium bananas on a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Peel the bananas and add them into a large bowl and mash them using a fork. Add butter and whisk till well combined.
3. Add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, lemon juice, maple syrup, baking soda, sea salt, and break in the eggs into the same bowl and whisk well.
4. Add almond flour, flax seed powder and fold the mixture till well combined.
5. Transfer the prepared batter into a silicon mould and tap it gently. Place the mould on a baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Take the mould out of the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. De-mould and cut into slices.
7. Dust icing sugar on top and serve with blueberries or vanilla ice cream.